Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service is looking for an HR Assistant to join our busy HR Service Team based at our Service Headquarters in Birstall.
This is an exciting time for Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service HR team, as we are currently implementing an upgrade to our HR system. This brings with it a fantastic opportunity to be innovative to improve and streamline our policies and procedures, and raise the profile of HR. If you have worked in an HR Shared Service Centre, this would be advantageous, but is not a pre-requisite.
If you can maintain a high level of customer service, whilst dealing with a high volume of HR administration tasks, during a period of transformation and can bring a creative and process improvement mind-set we would love to hear from you.
This is a challenging role, and therefore you will need to be flexible and resourceful in your approach.
The role will involve:
• Being part of the HR Service team, you will be providing accurate and relevant advice, guidance, management information and support to the organisation and its’ Managers and HRBP’s on the broad range of human resource topics.
• Developing and applying continuous process improvement in line with the strategic direction of HR and the organisation, as guided by the HRBPs, for the benefit of HR customers and stakeholders.
• Administrating and advising on all aspects of recruitment and selection in response to organisational requirements (such as new appointments and agency assignments etc.), planning, coordinating and progressing campaign administration and support.
• Managing and progressing all aspects of transactional HR service related to the employee lifecycle, utilising relevant HRIS and external systems (e.g: Firewatch - HR system; recruitment portal; disclosure systems etc.)
• Providing administrative support for the overall HR function, in respect of general processes (for example, note taking at discipline, grievance and absence hearings) as directed by the HR Manager.
To be successful in this role, you will:
• Have experience within a role that is heavily administration based
• Have a high level working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel
• CIPD Level 3, or NVQ in complex administration (or working towards/willing to work towards)
• Possess a ‘right first time’ mentality, along with a high attention to detail
• Have an excellent stakeholder/customer engagement ability to ensure the best possible service is provided
• Need to be flexible, as the demands of the role can fluctuate. You will grow and develop to be able to operate across a wide range of policies and procedures
In return you can expect a competitive salary, 25 days leave plus public holidays, Local Government Pension scheme, supported training (where appropriate) and on-site gym facilities.
Interview/Test dates: 05/06/07 February 2020
Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service is committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Furthermore, we want to create a work environment where everyone feels safe, can be themselves and can perform their roles to the best of their abilities. We have signed up with a number of nationally recognised organisations that promote equality, diversity and inclusion and we are working with them to help us achieve our objectives. These organisations include:
• Employers Network for Equality and Inclusion (ENEI)
• Stonewall Diversity Champions and Workplace Equality Index (WEI)
• Department of Works and Pension’s Disability Confident scheme
• British Sign Language Charter
• Asians in the Fire Service Association (AFSA)