Human Resources Advisor (Temporary 12 month contract)
£23,836 - £31,371 per annum
Number of hours per week:
37 hours per week
Service Headquarters, 12 Geoff Monk Way, Birstall, Leicester LE4 3BU
Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service is looking for a HR Advisor to join our busy HR Team based at our Service Headquarters in Birstall.
This is an exciting time for Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service HR team, as we are currently implementing an upgrade to our HR system. This brings with it a fantastic opportunity to be innovative to improve and streamline our policies and procedures, and raise the profile of HR. In this role, you will be working alongside our HR Business Partners and handling a wide range of HR issues. A sound knowledge and experience of employee relations (grievances and disciplinaries, absence reviews) would be advantageous as this forms a large part of the role.
If you can maintain a high level of customer service, whilst dealing with a high volume of HR tasks, during a period of transformation and can bring a creative and process improvement mind-set we would love to hear from you.
This is a challenging role, and therefore you will need to be flexible and resourceful in your approach. The role will involve:
• Provides pro-active, accurate and relevant HR best practice advice, guidance, coaching, training and support to the organisation and its’ Managers on the broad range of human resource issues.
• Builds and maintains effective stakeholder relationships with POD (People Organisation and Development) customers and wider partners locally and regionally, and promotes effective employee relations with Trade Unions, Employee Groups and others.
• Oversees and advises on Employee Relations matters to deliver desired outcomes, ensuring adherence to policy and procedure, whilst minimising risk to the service.
• Utilises management information metrics, and data analytics to enhance and improve absence management, succession planning and other areas of HR, and thus the effectiveness of the service.
• Acts as a mentor/coach providing support to both line management and junior members of the HR team, to provide opportunities for skills growth and development.
To be successful in this role, you will:
• Have experience within a role that has an employee relations bias
• Have an excellent stakeholder/customer engagement ability to ensure the best possible service is provided.
• CIPD Level 5, or equivalent (or working towards)
• Possess a ‘right first time’ mentality, along with a high attention to detail
• Need to be flexible, as the demands of the role can fluctuate.
In return you can expect a competitive salary, 25 days leave plus public holidays, and on-site gym facilities.
Interview/Test dates: w/c 10 February 2020
Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service is committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Furthermore, we want to create a work environment where everyone feels safe, can be themselves and can perform their roles to the best of their abilities. We have signed up with a number of nationally recognised organisations that promote equality, diversity and inclusion and we are working with them to help us achieve our objectives. These organisations include:
• Employers Network for Equality and Inclusion (ENEI)
• Stonewall Diversity Champions and Workplace Equality Index (WEI)
• Department of Works and Pension’s Disability Confident scheme
• British Sign Language Charter
• Asians in the Fire Service Association (AFSA)
This job is closed for applications.